Karachi: We are pleased to enclose herewith for your record and reference a Draft Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting of our Company which is to be published in newspapers on 14th December, 2011.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders of Shahtaj Textile Limited will be held on Wednesday, the 4th January, 2012 at 11.30 AM, at PC Hotel. Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam. Lahore to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of 22nd Annual General Meeting held on 31st October, 2011.
2. To elect eight Directors of the Company in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance 1984, for a period of three years commencing from January 1, 2012.
The retiring Directors are:
Mr. Muneer Nawaz
Mr. Farooq Hasan (NIT)
Mr. M. Naeem
Mrs. Sadia Muhammad
Mr. Mahmood Nawaz
Mr. Toqueer Nawaz
Mr. C. M. Khalid
Lt. Col. (Retd) R. D. Shams
The Board of Directors has fixed the number of elected Directors as eight. All retiring Directors are eligible for re-election.
3. To transact any other ordinary business with the permission of the Chair.
1. Any person who seeks to contest election as a Director of the Company’ shall, whether he/she is a retiring Director or otherwise, file with the Company, not later than fourteen days before the date of meeting, a notice of his/her intention to offer himself/herself for election in terms of Section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the Company’s Registered Office not less than 48 hours before the meeting and must be duly stamped, signed and witnessed.
3. Holders of Accounts and Sub-accounts for Company’s shares in Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, who wish to attend this Extra Ordinary General Meeting may do so by identifying themselves through their original CNIC/Passport and providing a copy thereof.
4. The Share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 26th December, 2011 to 5th January, 2012 (both days inclusive).
For more information, contact:
Shahtaj Textile Limited
19 Dockyard Road, West Wharf,
P.O. Box: 4766, Karachi – 74000, Pakistan
Tel: (92-21) 32313934-8, 32312834, 32310973
Fax: (92-21) 32205723