Karachi: We enclose a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting scheduled to be held on 24 October 2011 which is to be published in newspapers for your information and record.
Clover Pakistan Limited Lakes Square, Building No.2, Sarwar Shaheed Head, Karachi
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 25th Annual General Meeting of Clover Pakistan Limited will be held on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 12:00 noon at Avari Towers Hotel, Fatima Jinnah Road, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To resolve, consider and adopt the audited financial statements for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Director and Auditors “Reports thereon.
2. To declare final dividend in cash @40% i.e. Rs 4/- per share of Rs.10/- each as recommended by the Board of Directors.
3. To appoint auditors and fix their remuneration.
To consider and if thought fit, to pass with or without medication, the following resolution as an Ordinary Resolution for authorizing transfer / release of un industrial plot of the Company to an associated company :
“RESOLVED that transfer/release of the Company’s plot of lead bearing No.216, admeasuring, 16.048.09 sq. meters situated at Sunder Industrial Estates, Sunder Raiwind Road, Lahore to an associated company. Colgate-Palmolive (Pakistan) Limited, at allotted price of Rs.27.564 million plus incident charges of Rs.3,099 million aggregating rs.30.663 million be and is hereby approved’.
“FURTHER RESOLVED that the Chief Executive of any of the Directors of the Company be and are hereby authorized to take any and all actins and sign any and all such documents as may be required from time to time to give effect to the aforesaid plot of land of the Company to the associated company i.e. Colgate Palmolive (Pakistan) Limited”.
The statement under section 160(1)(b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, pertaining to the Special business is annexed with the notice of the Annual General Meeting being sent to the members of the Company .
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from October 18, 2011 to October 24, 2011 both days inclusive. Transfers received in order by the Shares Registrar of the Company M/s FAMCO Associates (Private) Limited. State life Building No.1 A, 1st Floor, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi upto October 17, 2011 will be considered in time for entitlement of the dividend.
2. A member who has deposited his/her shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, must bring his/her participant’s ID Number and account/sub-account number alongwith original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport at the time of attending the meeting.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the general meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of him/her.
4. Forms of proxy to be valid must be properly fitted received by the Company at its registered office at Lakson Square, Building No.2 Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi not later than 48 hours before the time of the meetings.
5. Members are requested to notify the Shares Registrar of the Company promptly of any change in their addresses.
6. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) are requested to send the same to our Shares Registrar at the earliest.
7. Form of proxy is appended to the Annual Report and being dispatched to the members.
For more information, contact:
Clover Pakistan Limited
Lakson Square Building No. 2,
Sarwar Shaheed Road,
Karachi – 74200,
Tel: 92-21-3569 8000
Fax: 92-21-3588 5469