Rawalpindi, April 10, 2016 (PPI-OT): Update Restoration Effort GB and KPK communication infrastructure.
1. KKH Repair in progress at 4 places (Khial, Dassu, Nomad tunnel and Attabad).
2. 70 plants and 550 troops employed. Continuous rains/slides are hampering restoration works, however, due to day and night operation, 700 km roads opened till now including Gilgit – Skardu road.
3. Main roads in Malakand / Chitral are open. Work on road Shangla – Bune and Bahrain – Kalam in progress.
4. One C 130 Carrying 11 ton wheat reached Skardu. The recent devastating rains in
5. In spite of massive damage to Optical fiber communication (OFC) network, Pak Army’s Special Communication Organization (SCO) Engineers ensured that telecommunication services to include Landline, GSM and Broadband in Gilgit region remained fully operational through alternate means, whereas, landline communication in Skardu region was also maintained without disruption.
6. Eight Zonal Maintenance Teams (ZMCs) of SCO working in extremely challenging environment remained committed day and night for restoration of OFC network, in-spite of continuing landslides and weather hazards.
7. SCO Engineers fully restored Rawalpindi – Gilgit OFC network to full functionality after restoring the cable at 25 damaged locations and Gilgit-Skardu OFC alignment was also restored after completing the repair work at 15 locations, thus fully restoring the Skardu region’s telecommunication.
For more information, contact:
Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR)
Hilal Road, Rawalpindi, Pakistan