Home / Misc. / Syed Ali Gilani flown to Delhi for medical check up

Syed Ali Gilani flown to Delhi for medical check up

Srinagar, March 13, 2014 (PPI-OT): In occupied Kashmir, the veteran Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, has been flown to New Delhi, where he will undergo medical check-up by a team of doctors at Delhi’s Apollo hospital.

Syed Ali Gilani fell seriously ill after he contracted chest infection a few days ago. The ailing leader was escorted by a large number of people from his Hyderpora residence to Srinagar airport raising slogans in favour of freedom.

Earlier, the veteran leader declined an offer by the puppet authorities to travel in a government chopper. He said that the offer had no justification at a time when India was engaged in brutally suppressing the Kashmiris’ struggle for freedom with all military might.

An Indian trooper committed suicide by hanging himself with a fan inside a barrack at his unit in Nowshera area of Rajouri district. The incident raised number of such deaths among the Indian army and police to 307 since January 2007 in the occupied territory.

On the other hand, Hurriyet leaders, Javed Ahmad Mir, Muhammad Yousuf Naqash, Firdous Ahmad Shah, Mir Shahid Saleem, Jamaat-e-Islami of occupied Kashmir and Jammu and Kashmir Salvation Movement in their separate statements expressed profound grief over loss of lives and property in avalanches in the territory.

In Geneva, a gathering of NGOs from across the world that took place on the sidelines of a UN Human Rights Council session was briefed about systematic mass human rights violations by Indian forces in Kashmir, Punjab, Nagaland, Manipur and Assam. The event was chaired by Kashmiri leader, Professor Nazir Ahmed Shawl, as deputy leader of the World Muslim Congress. Professor Shawl called for the establishment of a UN-backed tribunal along the lines of the Yugoslavia and Rwanda cases to hold Indian officials to account for serial mass human rights abuses.

A Sikh leader, Ranjit Singh Srai, on the occasion, described the horrors of the genocide of 20,000 Sikhs in three days in November 1984 following the death of Indira Gandhi. He also explained how the Indian authorities tried to blame innocent Kashmiris for the brutal killing of 35 Sikhs in the Chattisinghpora massacre, which was carried out by Indian troops in 2000 in the occupied territory.

For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Email: info@kmsnews.org
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549
Fax: 92-51-4861736

Leave a Reply

Scroll To Top