Islamabad, December 08, 2012 (PPI-OT): A three member bench headed by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Chief Justice of Pakistan and comprising two other members Hon’ble Mr. Justice Gulzar Ahmed and Hon’ble Mr. Justice Sh. Azmat Saeed heard the Const. P. No. 128/2012 filed by Khaliq Hussain, President, All Pakistan Clerks Association, G.C. University, Lahore regarding non issuance of conveyance allowance notification for 25 lacs employment in BPS 1-16 of Government of Punjab. Additional Advocate General and Mr. Tariq Muhammad Mirza, Deputy. Secretary, Finance appeared on Court notice while petitioner appeared in person.
The Bench heard the case was heard on 06-12-2012 and passed following order:-
“Learned Addl. Advocate General, Punjab alongwith Deputy Secretary Finance is present and has placed on record a letter dated 4.12.2012, which is reproduced herein below:-
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
Dated Lahore, the 4th December, 2012
Mr. Tariq Bajwa,
All Administrative Secretaries
to Government of the Punjab.
Subject: REVISION IN THE RATES OF CONVEYANCE ALLOWANCE FOR THE CIVIL SERVANTS OF THE PUNJAB GOVERNMENT IN BS-1 TO BS-19:
I am directed to refer to the subject noted above and to state that Governor Punjab has been pleased to revise the rates of Conveyance Allowance admissible to civil servants in BS-1 to BS-19 w.e.f. 01.07.2012 as under:
BS Existing Revised
01-04 Rs.850/- p.m. Rs.1700/- p.m.
05-10 Rs.1150/- p.m. Rs.1840/- p.m.
11-15 Rs.1700/- p.m. Rs.2720/- p.m.
16-19 Rs.2480/- p.m. Rs.5000/- p.m.
2. The payment for arrears of 1st quarter of current financial year (July – September, 2012) shall be made alongwith the pay of December, 2012, followed by quarterly payment of arrears for 2nd quarter (October – December, 2012) with the pay of March, 2013 and for 3rd quarter (January – March, 2013) with the pay of April, 2013. The payment of Conveyance Allowance shall be brought at par on current basis w.e.f. April, 2013.
3. It is clarified that the officers who have not been sanctioned official vehicle and availing vehicles of the Transport Pool are entitled to Conveyance Allowance subject to the condition that they do not use these vehicles for traveling from house to office and vice versa as Conveyance Allowance is allowed for traveling from house to office and vice versa.
4. It is further clarified that the employees who are residing in the residential colonies situated within work premises are not entitled to the facility of Conveyance Allowance.
(TARIQ MUHAMMAD MIRZA)
DEPUTY SECRETARY (PC)”
2. The learned Additional Advocate General states that in compliance of the orders, the revised orders being issued from time to time by the Federal Government have been adopted and orders issued, as per the contents of the above letter. A copy whereof has been handed over to the petitioner. He seems to be satisfied with the letter.
3. In view of the above, we dispose of this petition with the observation that if at latter stage the petitioner needs any further clarification, he may move a petition accordingly.
For more information, contact:
Shahid Hussain Kamboyo
Public Relations Officer
Supreme Court of Pakistan
Tel: +9251 920 4184
Fax: +9251 920 1001