Karachi, December 30, 2015 (PPI-OT): On the Night of 31st December 2015 people will celebrate New Year 2016 and will rush towards Clifton, Bagh Ibn-e-Qasim and Sea View. Public and residents of DHA are suggested to use below mentioned routes and diversions to reach their destinations.
ROUTE and DIVERSIONS.
1. All vehicular Traffic coming from Akhtar Colony via Express Way and Korangi area will not be allowed to move towards Khayaban-e-Ittehad ( Sea View ) but will be diverted on main Korangi Road, Shara-e-Faisal, Regent Chowk, Club Chowk, Hoshing Chowk, 3 Sword, 2 Sword, Sh: Iran, Clifton Helipad, 26th Street right turn towards Mc Donals Sea View, Village Restaurant, Kh: Ittehad to their destination (The residents will be allowed to enter in DHA area after checking their I.D Cards).
2. No Vehicular Traffic would be allowed to move towards Submarine Chowrangi from Mai Kolachi Road and will be closed after 09:00 pm from KPT Bridge near American Consulate. However traffic will be allowed to move from Boat Basin towards Jinnah Bridge.
3. Road will be completely closed for traffic from Boat Basin Chowrangi to Bilawal Chowrangi. Likewise road will be completely closed for traffic from Bilawal Chowrangi to Helipad.
4. All heavy Traffic coming from Maripur Road will not be allowed to move towards Mai Kolachi Road and will be diverted from Jinnah Bridge to reach their destination via Hub River Road and Shara-e-Pakistan. Small traffic will be allowed from Jinnah Bridge, towards M.T Khan Road, PIDC, Club Chowk, Awari and onward Shara-e-Faisal.
5. All Heavy vehicles coming from Korangi Industrial Area will be diverted towards National High Way to proceed Northern Bypass and onward.
6. Roads will be completely closed for traffic from Sunset Boulevard towards Punjab Chowrangi and while other track towards Korangi Road will remain open. Road from Defence Light Signal towards Street No.2 Light Signal will be closed as well.
NO PARKING ROADS/STREETS.
No parking will be allowed on following Main Arteries:-
1. Main Shara-e-Faisal
2. Abdullah Haroon Road
3. Dr. Zia Uddin Ahmed Road
4. Mai Kolachi Road
5. Korangi Road
6. M.T. Khan Road etc.
i. The use of vehicles or motorcycles without / broken silencer is strictly prohibited any one found using, it will be handed over to Local Police for legal action.
ii. The drivers coming from North Nazimabad, Gulberg, Liaquatabad, Gulshan Iqbal, New Karachi, towards DHA should use M. A Jinnah Road, Garden Road, Zaib-un-Nisa Street, Avari Light signal, Club Chowk, Hoshing Chowk, 3 Sword, 2 Sword, Sh: Iran, Clifton Helipad, 26th Street right turn towards Mc Donals Sea View, Village Restaurant, Kh: Ittehad. to their destination.
iii. The drivers coming from Gadap, Bin Qasim, Landhi, Korangi, Shah Faisal, Jamshed, and Sadder towards DHA should use main Share-e-Faisal Club Chowk, Hoshing Chowk, 3 Sword, 2 Sword, Sh: Iran, Clifton Helipad, 26th Street right turn towards Mc Donals Sea View, Village Restaurant, Kh: Ittehad. to their destination.
iv. The residents of DHA residing in Phase-V, VI, VII can access to Phase-VIII by reaching the following intersections vice versa which will be kept open.
26th Street- Ittehad
Saba Avenue- Ittehad
Shaheen Light Signal – Ittehad
Shujaat Light Signal – Ittehad
Bahria Intersection – Ittehad
For more information, contact:
Inspector General of Police, Sindh