Karachi: We enclose for your information the copies of the notice of AGM of our company which will be published in the newspapers on December 19, 2011.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the fifty ninth Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Siemens (Pakistan) Engineering Company Limited will be held on Thursday January 12, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. at B-72, Estate Avenue, S.I.T.E., Karachi to transact the following business.
1. To confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on December 29, 2010.
2. To receive and adopt the audited financial statement for the year ended September 30, 2011 and report of the director and auditors thereon.
3. To consider and approve cash dividend of Rs. 10 per share (100%) for the year ended September 30, 2011.
4. To appoint auditors to fix their remuneration for the year ending September 30, 2012. The present auditors Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder, Chartered Accountants, retire and being eligible have offered themselves for reappointment.
5. To transact such other ordinary business as may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chair.
6. To consider and pass with or without modification the following resolution as a special resolution for amending the articles of association of the company:
“Resolved that in the Article 115 of the articles of association of the company in the last line Rupees twenty thousand be inserted in placed of Rupees ten thousand.”
1. The Share Transfer Books of the company will remain closed from January 4, 2012 to January 12, 2012 (both days inclusive). Transfers received at company’s Registrar M/s THK Associates (Pvt.) Limited, Ground Floor, State Life Building 3, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi – 75530 by the close of business on January 3, 2012 will be considered in time.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another members as his/her proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf.
Proxy forms in order be valid must be received at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of meeting. A member shall not be entitled to appoint more than one proxy. A proxy must be a member.
3. CDC account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular No. 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
For Attending the Shareholders Meeting:
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holders and for the person, whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
The shareholders registered on CDC are also requested to bring their particulars, I.D. numbers and account numbers in CDS.
ii) In case of ac corporate entity the Board of Directors’ resolution of Attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
For Appointment of Proxies:
i) In case of individual the account holders or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulation, shall submit the proxy form as per requirement notified by the company.
ii) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv) The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or original passport at the time of meeting.
v) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors resolution/Power of Attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted along with proxy form to the company.
4- The statement under section 160(1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 has been dispatched to the shareholders.
For more information, contact:
Siemens (Pakistan) Engineering Company Limited
B-72, Estate Avenue, S.I.T.E., Karachi
P.O. Box No: 7169
Tel: +92 (21) 32592124
Fax: +92(21) 3256 6803