Islamabad: Due to the prevalent security threats and the hearing of an important case, it has become necessary to take adequate security measures for safety/security in the Supreme Court premises and decorum of Court proceedings, therefore, the following security measures have been taken and will be strictly implemented on 26.4.2012: –
1. Entry in the Supreme Court premises will be allowed only to those persons whose cases are fixed in the Court, no other/un-authorized person will be allowed entry in the Court premises.
2. Entry in the Court premises will be subject to the production of Court notices or entry pass along with photo identity.
3. Briefcases, Cameras, Cell phones and any other baggage will be deposited at the reception, as the same cannot be carried inside the Court building.
4. Entry will be subject to search/frisking and passing the walk through gates.
5. For entry in Court No.4 (Special Bench hearing the contempt matter against the PM) will be allowed only to the parties in the case, their Counsels and other persons subject to the production of entry passes, issued by the Supreme Court administration. Entry of the authorized media persons will also be subject to the production of the entry pass.
We expect all concerned to follow the instructions and cooperate with the security staff on duty in the Court premises. The security personnel have been directed to deal with the litigant parties and their learned counsel with courtesy, dignity and in a decent and civilized manner.
For more information, contact:
Shahid Hussain Kamboyo
Public Relations Officer
Supreme Court of Pakistan
Tel: +9251 920 4184
Fax: +9251 920 1001