Karachi, March 07, 2013 (PPI-OT): Commissioner Karachi Syed Hashim Raza Zaidi has said that lifting of debris along with other works at affected place in Abbas Town would be completed by tomorrow evening. Eight families have been shifted in a school of New Rizvia Society on temporary basis immediately whereas the arrangements for shifting remaining families along with their goods have been made.
He said this while talking to media representatives in a relief camp set up in Abbas Town. He said that following the directives of Governor of Sindh Dr. Ishrat-ul-Ebad Khan the arrangements of residence along with food and water for victims of Abbas Town have been made. He said all necessary facilities along with special attention for treatment of the injured have been provided. Commissioner Karachi said that technical survey of affected buildings have been completed and 85 percent debris has been lifted.
He directed municipal services department to continue sanitation work for 24 hours whereas spray work should be carried out gradually. He said the amount announced by the government would be provided them in two to three days.
Commissioner Karachi himself had been present in relief camp for several hours and monitored the restoration and relief works where injured people and relatives of martyrs also met with him and informed about their problems. Commissioner Karachi listened their problems with full attention and ensured them for every possible cooperation.
He expressing sympathy with victims’ families said that patience and courage was necessary at this time and Administration of Karachi equally shares the pain with you and prayed to Allah almighty to rest the departed souls in eternal peace.
For more information, contact:
Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC)
City District Government Complex, 1st Floor, Civic Centre,
Tel: +9221 9923 2400 -01
Fax: +9221 9923 2406