Karachi: Enclosed please find herewith copy of the Notice for the Annual General Meeting to be held on Wednesday October 26, 2011 for your record and necessary action please.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 23rd Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Quality Textile Mills Limited will be held on Wednesday October 26, 2011 at 07:00 AM. at its Registered Office 24, Ali Bhai Centre, 2nd Floor, 233-A, Block-2, P.E.C.H.S. Shahrah-e-Quaideen, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of last Annual General Meeting held on October 28, 2010.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Accounts of the Company together with the Auditors and Directors reports thereon, for the year ended June 30, 2011.
3. To approve the appointment of auditors and to fix their remuneration for the next year 2011-2012.
4. To elect Seven Directors as fixed by board for a term of three years in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The names of retiring Directors are Mr. Noor Mohamamd Hashim, Mr. Tayyab Noor Mohammad, Mr. Mohammad Younus Hashim, Mr. Imran M. Younus, Miss. Ambreen Noor Mohammad, Mr. Kamran M. Younus, and Mrs. Nadia Tayyab.
5. To approve 35% (Rs.3.5/- per share) final cash dividend as recommended by the Board of Directors.
6. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chairman.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from October20 to October 26, 2011 (both days inclusive), to determine the names of members entitled to attend the meeting. Transfer received, at the Share Registrar of the Company at the close of business on October 19, 2011 will be treated in time.
2. The member entitled to attend and vote at the above meeting may appoint a member as proxy to attend and vote in place of the member at the meeting. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the Share Registrar of the company not later 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
3. Any person, who seeks to contest the election of Directors shall file with the company at its registered office not later than fourteen days before the above said meeting his/her intention to offer himself/herself for election as a Director in terms of Section 179(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 together with (a) consent in Form 28 (b) a Declaration with consent to act as Director in the manner as provided under clause (ii) of the Code of Corporate Governance, (c) a Declaration in terms of clause (iii), (iv) and (v) of the Code of Corporate Governance.
4. Members are requested to notice the Company of any change in their addresses.
For more information, contact:
Quality Textile Mills Limited
24, Ali Bhai Centre, 2nd F1, 233-A,
P.E.C.H.S, Block-2, Karachi, Pakistan.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org