Islamabad, October 06, 2017 (PPI-OT):Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi chaired meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) at PM Office in Islamabad today.
ECNEC approved following development projects:-
1. Financial inclusion and Infrastructure Project at a total rationalized cost of Rs. 14.318 billion.
2. Balochistan Education Project (Revised) at a total rationalized cost of Rs. 3.57 billion. The Project aims at increasing student enrolment with special emphasis on girls’ education through 31 districts of Balochistan.
3. Doubling of Railway Track from Khanewal to Raiwind (246 Km) 3rd Revision at a total rationalized cost of Rs. 14.261 billion.
4. Revival of Karachi Circular Railway (KCR) at a total rationalized cost of Rs. 207.546 billion to be completed under CPEC framework. The project includes construction of 24 stations, procurement of 162 locomotives. The project will serve commutation of 515,000 passengers per day upon completion.
5. Provincial Roads Rehabilitation Project by Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa at a total rationalized cost of Rs. 17.103 billion.
6. Construction of 4-Lane Bridge across River Indus linking Layyah with Taunsa including 2-Lane approach roads and River training works (24.272 km) at a total rationalized cost of Rs. 9.775 billion. ECNEC also directed NHA to workout a master plan for future bridges to be constructed across the country.
7. Construction of Rathoa Haryam Bridge and approaches across reservoir channel on Mirpur – Islamgarh Road (2nd Revision) at a total rationalized cost of Rs. 6.48 billion.
8. Remodelling of Warsak Canal System in Peshawar and Nowshera District (Revised) at a total rationalized cost of Rs. 11.137 billion on 50:50 cost sharing between Federal Government and the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
9. Prime Minister’s Youth Training Scheme 2015-17 at a total rationalized cost of Rs. 26.6 billion.
For more information, contact:
Principal Information Officer,
Press Information Department (PID)
Tel: +92-51-9252323, +92-51-9252324
Fax: +92-51-9252325, +92-51-9252326