Islamabad, May 14, 2019 (PPI-OT): A meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Defence was held today at 11:00 a.m in the Constitution Room, Parliament House, Islamabad under the Chairmanship of Mr. Amjid Ali Khan, MNA.
1. Offering Fateha
The Hon. Members of the Committee offered Fateha for the departed souls of those who have been martyred at Pak-Afghan Border while fixing the fence, in Gawadar, on the coastal highways in Ormara and in Quetta.
2. Chief Secretaries of Sindh and Balochistan to attend the next meeting of the committee
While giving briefing to the Committee on all Cantonments based in Balochistan by the Secretary M/o Defence and D.G, ML and C Depatt, the Committee unanimously decided that the Chief Secretaries of the Provinces of Balochistan and Sindh alongwith the Secretaries of Finance Departments of both the Provinces should attend the next meeting of the Committee and brief about the shares being given to the Cantonments based in Balochistan from the National Finance Commission Awards and the hindrances in this regard and non-payment of GST Share by the Provincial Governments. The Committee also directed that the Secretary M/o Finance should also attend the next meeting of the Committee on the said matter and also in addition about non-allocation of Grand in Aid to the Cantonment Boards.
3. Appreciating the efforts made by the ministry regarding establishing the CB care Ceters in different cities of the country
The Committee appreciated the M/o Defence on establishing the CB CARE Centers in different cities of the Country for resolving the issues of the residents in the Cantonment Areas.
4. The Committee also decided to hold its next meeting regarding briefing on all Cantonments based in Sindh.
5. The Committee unanimously decided to hold its next meeting on the Ministry on 28th May, 2019 in the Parliament House, Islamabad.
6. The meeting was attended by Mr. Tahir Sadiq, Syed Faiz-ul-Hassan, Ms. Kanwal Shauzab, Mr. Aurangzeb Khan Khichi, Dr. Ramesh Kumar Vankwani, Syed Amin-ul-Haque, Mr. Ghous Bux Khan Mahar, Ms. Robina Irfan, Ch. Muhammad Barjees Tahir, Mr. Riaz ul Haq, Mian Riaz Hussain Pirzada, Mr. Khursheed Ahmed Junejo, Mr. Aftab Shahban Mirani and Mir Amer Ali Khan Magsi, MNAs
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
National Assembly Secretariat,
Islamabad – Pakistan