Islamabad, February 25, 2019 (PPI-OT): 2nd meeting of the Standing Committee on Defence was held today at 11:00 a.m. in Committee Room no. 07, 4th floor, in the Parliament House, Islamabad under the Chairmanship of Mr. Amjad Ali Khan.
2. The meeting started with recitation from the Holy Quran. Then, the Committee decided to proceed with the agenda.
3. The Committee unanimously confirmed the minutes of its previous meeting held on 12-02-2019.
4. The Committee considered the Public Sector Development Projects (PSDP) received from Ministry of Defence, as required under rule 201 (6) of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly 2007. After deliberation, the Committee recommended all projects and directed to the Ministry of Finance to provide the required funds to the Ministry of Defence in the better interest of the country
5. The Committee expressed its displeasure on the baseless propaganda/story by the Indian Media and irresponsible Statement of the Indian Prime Minister on the “Palwama” incident. The Committee extended its support to the Pakistan Armed Forces against if any aggression launched by the Indian Forces and assured that Pakistani nation is standing behind the Pakistan Army.
6. The meeting was attended by MNAs Mr. Tahir Sadiq, Syed Faiz Ul Hassan, Mr. Aurangzeb Khan Khichi, Mr. Jamil Ahmed Khan, Dr. Ramesh Kumar Vankwani, Mr. Ghous Bux Khan Mahar, Ms. Rubina Irfan, Ch. Muhammad Barjees Tahir, Mr. Riaz ul Haq, Mr. Muhammad Khan Daha, Mian Riaz Hussain Pirzada, Mr. Khursheed Ahmed Junejo, Mr. Aftab Shahban Mirani and Mr. Salahuddin Ayubi. The meeting was also attended by senior officers of the Ministry of Defence.
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
National Assembly Secretariat,
Islamabad – Pakistan