Islamabad, May 17, 2019 (PPI-OT): 4th meeting of the Standing Committee on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development (OP and HRD) was held under the Chairmanship of Sheikh Fayyaz Ud Din, MNA.
2. The Committee unanimously confirmed the minutes of its 3rd meeting held on 1st April, 2019.
3. Chairman, Employees Old Age Benefits Institution (EOBI), briefed the Committee over the performance, working and its activities in detail. He assured the Committee that the 347 vacant posts should be fulfilled in the month of July.
4. The Committee was informed that Suo Moto proceedings were initiated by Supreme Court in June, 2013 regarding 18 Investment Properties purchased by EOBI from July, 2010 to April, 2013 at approx PKR 35.00 billion. The Institution has not been earning any return on amount of PKR 35.00 billion stuck up in these 18 properties.
5. The Islamic Republic of Pakistan has entered into Dual Nationality agreements with 19 countries. The Committee recommended that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs may initiate negotiation’s process for making dual nationality arrangements with Germany and Spain.
6. The Committee recommended that the report of Auditor General of Pakistan regarding EOBI should be discussed briefly in the next meeting.
7. Haji Imtiaz Ahmed Chaudhary, Mr. Aurangzeb Khan Khichi, Ms. Sobia Kamal Khan, Ms. Tashfeen Safdar, Mr. Shahid Ahmed, Syed Javed Hassnain, Ms. Zahra Wadood Fatemi, Dr. Mahreen Razzaq Bhutto, Mr. Khalid Ahmed Khan Lund, Mr. Noor-ul-Hassan Tanvir, Mr. Ehsan-ul-Haq Bajwa, Mr. Khial Zaman, Dr. Haider Ali Khan, MNA’s, Syed Zulfiqar Abbas Bukhari, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis and HRD and senior officers from the Ministry attended the meeting.
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
National Assembly Secretariat,
Islamabad – Pakistan