– Marks 50th anniversary of first lab water system launch
– First to use environmentally friendly, mercury-free UV lamps
– Smaller, ergonomic design reduces waste, increases productivity, accelerates research
DARMSTADT, Germany, March 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Merck, a leading science and technology company, today announced the global launch of the Milli-Q® IQ 7000 system, the seventh-generation Milli-Q® water purification innovation. This launch marks 50 years of providing ultrapure water to scientists in laboratories all over the world. The company announced details about the water purification system during a press briefing at the Pittcon Conference & Expo 2017 in Chicago, Illinois.
“While there have been tremendous advancements in the lab, today’s scientists continue to seek ways to improve reproducibility and reliability of data,” said Udit Batra, Member of the Merck Executive Board and CEO, Life Science. “Our customers are looking for compact, ergonomic systems and software so that they can advance science, further faster. Our new lab water system addresses these pain points, allowing scientists to focus on problem solving, without worrying about the purity of their water. This new system reflects our legacy of pioneering innovations in lab water purification.”
For half a century, Merck has been the partner of choice for water purification systems and services for lab scientists who need to ensure their water is free of contaminants.
To ensure that Merck’s new water purification systems meet customers’ evolving needs, the company combined customer feedback with its engineering and technical expertise to develop the Milli-Q® IQ 7000 system—an even smaller, easier-to-use, device, designed with:
- ech2o® mercury-free UV lamps for the photoxidation of organic contaminants
- Purification cartridges that are 33 percent smaller than previous versions
- High-definition digital touchscreen similar to a mobile phone display for simple operation
- Easy connection to lab networks through an integrated data management system that allows quick, easy access to information
- Includes custom reporting and global system data archive for traceability and paperless environment for generating reports
- Hibernation mode to maintain system water quality with reduced energy consumption
- Ergonomic, precise dispensing wheel with a wider range of ultrapure water dispensing options—from drop-by-drop up to 2 liters per minute
- Smaller footprint, free of tubing / cables for a smaller, clutter-free workspace
Merck’s leading brand, Milli-Q® water, has become synonymous with ultrapure lab water, and is the most cited brand in peer-reviewed publications. Milli-Q® systems have purification media that are tested and designed exclusively for Merck, allowing the company to provide the best water quality to labs across the world.
Merck’s Milli-Q® IQ 7000 system is the first product in an offering that will replace the existing bench-top Milli-Q® Advantage A10 systems. It will be available for purchase in April 2017.
All Merck news releases are distributed by email at the same time they become available on the Merck website. Please go to www.merckgroup.com/subscribe to register online, change your selection or discontinue this service.
Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions. In 2015, Merck generated sales of € 12.85 billion in 66 countries.
Founded in 1668, Merck is the world’s oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company. The founding family remains the majority owner of the publicly listed corporate group. The company holds the global rights to the Merck name and brand. The only exceptions are the United States and Canada, where the company operates as EMD Serono, MilliporeSigma and EMD Performance Materials.