Home / Financial Results / Mehran Sugar Mills Limited’s financial results for the year ended September 30, 2011

Mehran Sugar Mills Limited’s financial results for the year ended September 30, 2011

Karachi: We have to inform you that the Board of Directors of our company in their meeting held oil December 16, 2011 at 11.00 am at registered office of the Company recommended the following:

Cash Dividend

A final Cash Dividend for the year ended Sept 30, 2011 at Re. 0.75 per share i.e. 7.5%. This is in addition to interim Dividends already paid at Rs. 2.25 per share i.e. 22.5%, thus the total Cash Dividend for the year stood at Rs. 3.00 per share i.e. 30%.

Bonus Shares

Final issue of Bonus Shares in the proportion of 10 shares for every 100 shares held i.e. 10%. This is in addition to the interim bonus shares already issued at 10 shares for every 100 shares i.e. 10%, thus the total Bonus shares for the year stood at 20 shares per 100 share held i.e. 20%.

The Financial Results of the Company is as follows:

We have to inform you that the Board of Directors of our company in their meeting held oil December 16, 2011 at 11.00 am at registered office of the Company recommended the following:

Cash Dividend

A final Cash Dividend for the year ended Sept 30, 2011 at Re. 0.75 per share i.e. 7.5%. This is in addition to interim Dividends already paid at Rs. 2.25 per share i.e. 22.5%, thus the total Cash Dividend for the year stood at Rs. 3.00 per share i.e. 30%.

Bonus Shares

Final issue of Bonus Shares in the proportion of 10 shares for every 100 shares held i.e. 10%. This is in addition to the interim bonus shares already issued at 10 shares for every 100 shares i.e. 10%, thus the total Bonus shares for the year stood at 20 shajes per 100 share held i.e. 20%.

The Financial Results of the Company is as follows:

 

Sep 2011

Sep 2010

Rupees

Rupees

Turnover – Net 4,355,036,305 3,841,344,807
Cost of sales  (3,773,642,501) (3,366,565,888)
 ————- ————-
Gross Profit 581,393,804 474,778,919
Distribution costs (5,163,852) (5,442,782)
Administrative expenses  (103,333,544) (81,953,859)
Other operating expense  (43,544,444) (33,377,182)
Other operating income 80,259,085 39,076,640
 ————- ————-
Operating Profit 509,613,049 393,081,736
Share of profit from an associate – net of tax 40,640,865 1,848,209
Finance Costs (133,757,171) (73,800,473)
————- ————-
Profit before taxation 416,496,743 321,129,472
Taxation (93,640,144) (79,143,207)
————- ————-
Profit after taxation 322,856,599 241,986,265
————- ————-
Basic and diluted earnings per share 18.67 13.99

 

Date of book closure and AGM will be announced later.

For more information, contact:
Muhammad Hanif Aziz
Company Secretary
Mehran Sugar Mills Limited
Adamjee House, 8th Floor
I. I. Chundrigar Road,
Karachi-74000, Pakistan.
Tel: 92-(21) 3241-7131
Fax: 92-(21) 3241-6477
E-mail: msm@mehransugar.com
URL: www.mehransugar.com

Leave a Reply

Scroll To Top