Peshawar, February 09, 2014 (PPI-OT): The main objectives of the Social Security Scheme is to provide benefits to certain employees and their dependents including parents in the event of Sickness, Maternity, Employment Injury and Death. The benefits admissible under the scheme, comprise: –
i. Medical Care. ii. Cash Benefits. Medical Care facilities The Institution provides :- I. free of cost medical care facilities to secured persons and their dependents through its medical units and Govt: hospitals. II. hospitalization in its medical units and Govt: hospitals where necessary. III. free of cost medicines as prescribed by doctors of the Institution and specialists on panel. VI. dental care in employment injury. V. facilities of angiography, angioplasty and heart surgery in Lady Reading Hospital (LRH) Peshawar and Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology (AFIC) Rawalpindi. VI. hospitalization in Burn Trauma Centres, Wah Cantt and Jehlum if necessary. VII. free of cost treatment in Kidney Center Hayatabad Medical Complex, Peshawar. Cash Benefits The Following cash benefits are admissible under the ESSI law / rules: –
(1) Sickness Benefit Payable equal to 75% of wages in case of ailment upto 121 days in a year in routine cases and equal to 100% of wages upto 365 days to CANCER and TB patients.
(2) Maternity Benefit. For female worker equal to her wages for 12 weeks.
(3) Injury Benefit. Equal to employee’s wages for 180 days in a year in case of employment injury.
(4) Death Grant. Equal to the daily rate of sickness benefit multiplied by thirty on the death of secured worker.
(5) Disablement Gratuity . For disability as a result of an employment injury from 5% to 20% of physical lose determined by the Medical Board.
(6) Partial Disablement Pension: – For disability as a result of an employment injury from 21% to 66 % of physical lose determined by the Medical Board.
(7) Total Disablement Pension: – For disability as a result of an employment injury above 66 % of physical lose determined by the Medical Board.
(8) Survivor’s Pension. Family pension for widow of deceased worker who dies as a result of an employment injury.
(9) Iddat Benefit. To female workers for 130 days on the death of her husband equal to her monthly wages.
For more information, contact:
Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Tel: 091 921 1789