LONDON, England, Oct. 18 /PRNewswire-AsiaNet/ –
– Lloyds Banking Group Sponsors Business and Philanthropy Awards at the First Ever Asian Awards
– The Asian Awards Will Take Place on October 26th in London
Some of the most successful Asian people from the world of business are set to be honoured at the first ever Asian Awards. The event will take place at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel on October 26th and will feature awards for the community’s contributions to the arts, public life and business. Lloyds Banking Group is sponsoring two key awards categories for businesses: Business Leader of the Year and Philanthropist of the Year.
Truett Tate, Group Executive Director, Wholesale, Lloyds Banking Group, said: “We have worked in partnership with some of this country’s most successful Asian businesses and individuals and are delighted to honour the community and share in celebrating its success.
“Our sponsorship of the Asian Awards is part of our long term commitment to working in partnership with the Asian community to support businesses and the individuals who run them. It’s important to recognise such success and that’s why we’re delighted to be part of these new awards.”
The Asian Awards 2010 honour the most outstanding individuals across business, the arts, cinema, music and sports.
Kamel Hothi, Asian Markets Director, Lloyds Banking Group, says: “We are committed to supporting businesses across the UK and many of our strongest relationships are with British Asian businesses. We are proud of the services we have developed to help this community prosper – our Asian Specialist Wealth team and our Islamic Finance products are just two examples. Awards such as this are a chance to recognise the success the British Asian community continues to enjoy.”
Vijay Mallya, Kingfisher owner, cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar and double Oscar winner AR Rahman are attending the awards. Others showing their support for the event are leading British figures including film director, Gurinder Chadha and Lord Alan Sugar, making it one of the most important awards ceremonies to launch this year.
Winners will be selected by a panel of independent judges chaired by Baroness Verma of Leicester.
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.theasianwards.com. For information about Lloyds Banking Group visit http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com.
2. The Asian Awards recognise and reward exemplary achievements across 11 categories that include business, philanthropy, entertainment, culture and sport, and are open individuals born in (or with direct family origins in) India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh.
3. An independent judging panel consisting of highly respected figures chaired by Baroness Verma of Leicester has selected a shortlist of nominees. The winners have been ratified by a second group of expert judges, again chaired by Lady Verma.
4. Lloyds Banking Group was formed on January 19th 2009 The Group has over one million business customers ranging from start-ups to major corporations and has over 30 million personal customers. Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s leading provider of current accounts, savings, personal loans, credit cards and mortgages.
5. The ceremony will be held at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane London on October 26th 2010 and is a collaboration between United Business Media and businessman Paul Sagoo. The awards also support Save the Children as its official charity.
6. The 11 categories are:
– Business Leader of the Year
– Outstanding Achievement in Cinema
– Entrepreneur of the Year
– Outstanding Achievement in Music
– Lifetime Achievement Award
– Outstanding Achievement in Sport
– Outstanding Achievement in Art & Design
– Outstanding Achievement in Television
– People’s Choice Award
– Philanthropist of the Year
– Public Service Award
SOURCE: United Business Media & Asian Awards Ltd.