Home / Misc. / Liberation struggle to continue till Kashmir settlement

Liberation struggle to continue till Kashmir settlement

Srinagar, August 20, 2013 (PPI-OT): In occupied Kashmir, senior leader of the All Parties Hurriyet Conference, Shabbir Ahmad Shah, has maintained that the Kashmiri people will continue their struggle till the Kashmir dispute is resolved in accordance with their aspirations.

Shabbir Ahmad Shah visited Sopore and met the family of Muhammad Afzal Guru who was hanged by India in New Delhi’s Tihar jail in the fake case of attack on Indian Parliament. Addressing on the occasion, he said that India would not be able to suppress the Kashmiris’ liberation sentiment by killing, arresting and sentencing them to life imprisonment or other repressive measures. He said that the execution of Afzal Guru had once again proved that Kashmiri people could not get justice from Indian judiciary.

Shabbir Shah thanked Pakistan for continuously extending its moral, political and diplomatic support to the Kashmir cause.

Veteran Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, in a statement in Srinagar reiterated the demand for the disbanding of the so-called Village Defence Committees. He said that dissolution of this militia of Sangh Parivar was imperative for bringing an end to atrocities on the Muslims and maintaining communal harmony in Jammu region.

APHC leader, Nayeem Ahmed Khan addressing a party meeting in Srinagar also demanded immediate banning of the Village Defence Committee. Human rights activist, Muhammad Ahsan Untoo, in a media interview threatened to commit self-immolation at Lal Chowk in Srinagar if the VDCs were not disbanded before 5th September.

The President of High Court Bar Association, Z A Qureshi in his statement said that the puppet authorities were equally responsible for the human rights violations committed by the VDC members as they were providing them arms and funds.

On the other hand, Indian police arrested APHC leaders including Javed Ahmed Mir, Syed Bashir Andrabi and Hakeem Abdur Rasheed while they were going to Shopian and Pulwama areas to hold public meetings.

Complete shutdown was observed for the fourth consecutive day, today, in Shopian town against the excesses and arrest of youth by Indian police. The authorities continued to impose curfew in Kishtwar town on 12th day, today.

For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Email: info@kmsnews.org
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549
Fax: 92-51-4861736

Leave a Reply

Scroll To Top