Karachi, October 3, 2012 (PPI-OT): We are enclosing herewith copies of our advertisements to be published in daily “Business Recorder” and daily “Nawa-e-Waqt” Karachi on October 03, 2012 regarding Notice of Annual General Meeting to be held at “Beach Luxury Hotel Karachi” on Thursday October 25, 2012.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that 50th Annual General Meeting of Javedan Corporation Limited will be held at Beach Luxury Hotel, Karachi on Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of Annual General Meeting of the shareholders held on October 29, 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt annual audited financial statements for the year ended June 30, 2012 together with the Reports of the Auditors and Director thereon.
3. To appoint Auditors for the year ending June 30, 2013 and to fix their remuneration.
4. To elect eleven directors as fixed by the Board of Directors in their meeting held on September 7, 2012, in accordance with the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a term of three years commencing from October 25, 2012. The Present Directors are Mr. Arif Habib (Chairman), Mr. Samad A, Habib (CEO), Mr. Aqeel Karim Dhedhi, Mr. Asim Ghani, Mr. Iqbal Usman, Mr. Kashif A. Habib, Mr. Muhammad Ayub, Mr. Muhammad Ejaz and Mr. Shunaid Qureshi.
5. To transact any other business with the permission of the chair.
To consider and obtain approval as a special resolution from the shareholders to change the features of the 12% non-voting, un-listed cumulative, convertible, redeemable and non-participatory Preference shares from “unlisted” to “Listed”, All other terms and conditions are already approved by the shareholders of the company as special resolution in the extra ordinary general meeting held on May 07, 2011.
“Resolved That” the features of the 12% non-voting, un-listed, cumulative, convertible, redeemable and non-participatory Preference shares of Javedan Corporation Limited be and are hereby changed from “unlisted” to “listed.”
1. Share transfer books will remain closed from October 19, 2012 to October 25, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. All Members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting. A member may appoint a proxy who needs to be a Member of the Company.
3. The instrument appointing the proxy and other authority which it is signed, or notarily certified copy thereof, must be lodged at the Company’s Registered Office or Share Registrar’s Office at least 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
4. Any change of addresses of Members should be notified immediately to the Company’s Registered Office or Share Registrar’s Office.
5. Every candidate for election as a director whether he is a retiring director or otherwise shall file with the Company not later than 14 (fourteen) clear days before the date of annual general meeting a notice of his intention to offer himself for election as a director along with the consent to serve as a director in the prescribed form 28, a detailed profile along with his/ her relevant declaration as required under the Code of Corporate Governance to his appointment as director of the company.
6. He/she should also confirm that:
i. He /she is not ineligible to become a director of the company under any applicable laws and regulations (including listing regulations of stock exchanges).
ii. He/she is not serving as a director in more than seven listed companies.
iii. Neither he/she nor his/ her spouse is engaged in the business of brokerage or is a sponsor director or officer of a corporate brokerage house.
CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
A. Attending the Meeting:
i. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/ or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his Original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies:
i. in case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/ or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per requirement by the Company.
ii. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii. Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Director’s resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Masoud Ali Khan
Javedan Corporation Limited
Pardesi House Survey No. 2/1 R.Y. 16,
Old Queens Road, Karachi- 74000
Fax: (92-21) 2470089