Karachi: The 63rd Annual General Meeting of our Company will be held on Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 10.00 a.m. at the Auditorium, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, Chartered Accountant Avenue, Clifton, Karachi.
We enclose herewith a copy of the notice of meeting for your reference prior to its publication in the newspapers.
Notice of Meeting
Notice is hereby given to the Members that the 63rd Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held on 15 September 2011 at 10.00 a.m. at the Auditorium, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Clifton, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Accounts of the Company for the year ended 30 June 2011 and the Reports of the Directors’ and Auditors’ thereon.
2. To consider and approve payment of 35% Final Cash Dividend in addition to 15% interim cash dividend making a total of 50% for the financial year ended 30 June 2011 as recommended by the Board of Directors.
3. To appoint Auditors for the year 2011-2012 and fix their remuneration.
4. To transact with the permission of the Chair any other business which may be transacted at an Annual General Meeting.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from 6 September, 2011 to 15 September 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. A Member entitled to attend, speak and vote at the General Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote on his/her behalf.
3. Instrument appointing proxy and the power of attorney or other authority under which it is signed or a notarially certified copy of the power or authority must be deposited at the registered office of the Company at least 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under- mentioned guide lines as laid down in Circular 1 dated 26 January 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
a) For Attending ACM
In case of individual; the account holder or sub-account holder whose securities and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall produce proof of his / her identity by showing original National Identity Card (NIC) at the time of attending the meeting.
In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
b) For Appointing Proxy
In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder whose securities and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
Attested copies of NIC of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
The proxy shall produce his original NIC at the time of the meeting.
4. Members are requested to submit declaration for zakat on the required format and to advise change in address, if any.
5. Members are requested to submit a copy of the Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) to update our records.
For more information, contact:
International Industries Limited
101 Beaumont Plaza, 10 Beaumont Road,
Karachi – 75530, Pakistan.
Tel: (92 21) 111 019 019
Fax: (92 21) 3568 0373