Home / General / India uses massive force to foil march to UN office

India uses massive force to foil march to UN office

Srinagar, August 17, 2016 (PPI-OT):In occupied Kashmir, the puppet authorities enforced strict curfew and other restrictions on the 40th consecutive day, today, across the Kashmir Valley to prevent the people from conducting a march towards the UN office at Sonawar in Srinagar.

The authorities deployed Indian troops and police personnel in strength in Srinagar and other major towns while all roads leading to the UN office were sealed to foil the march. Call for the march was jointly given by the All Parties Hurriyet Conference Chairman, Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik against the India’s illegal occupation and the killing of innocent people by Indian forces. The personnel of paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force caused massive damage to private vehicles parked on roads at Mahrajgunj and Wazapora in Srinagar. Internet and mobile services remained suspended throughout the Valley.

However, people defying curfew and other restrictions came out of their houses in many areas and tried to march towards the UN office. People held sit-ins in Batamaloo, Nawa Kadal and other areas of Srinagar after they were not allowed to hold the march.

Hurriyet leader Masroor Abbas Ansari and Manzoor Ahmad Ghazi led a huge protest sit-in at Nawakadal and Bijbehara, today.

Indian police arrested APHC Chairman Syed Ali Gilani and Mirwaiz Umar Farooq when they came out of their residences and tried to lead the march towards the UN office. They have been lodged at Humhama and Nigeen police stations. Indian police stopped senior APHC leader Agha Syed Hassan Al-Moosvi Al-Safvi in Budgam during march towards United Nation Office in Srinagar.

Thousands of people gathered in Bandipora to pay glowing tributes to the martyred commander of Hizbul Mujahideen, Burhan Wani, on his 40th day of mourning. Burhan Wani was martyred by Indian troops in a fake encounter in Kokernag area of Islamabad district on July 8.

Complete shutdown was observed in the entire Kishtwar district of Jammu region in protest against the unabated civilian killings by Indian forces in the Kashmir Valley. Call for the shutdown was given by the Majlis-e-Shoora comprising Imams of various mosques and the religious bodies of the district.

Two Indian troops and a policeman were killed and four others were critically injured after an Indian army convoy was attacked at Khawaja Bagh in Baramulla town, today. Five Indian policemen were injured in a grenade attack on a police station at Kakapora in Pulwama. Another Indian soldier was killed in an incident of fratricide at an army camp in Gambhir area of Rajouri district.

For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Email: info@kmsnews.org
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549
Fax: 92-51-4861736

Comments are closed.

Scroll To Top