New Delhi, December 18, 2012 (PPI-OT): Indian Home Ministry has sanctioned the deployment of thousands of more troops in occupied Kashmir by February, next year. About 8,000-10,000 personnel of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) will initially be deployed in Kashmir, SSB Chief, Arun Chaudhary, who took over as director general of the border guarding force a week ago, said during a press conference in New Delhi.
“We are ready to go to Kashmir. This will be a new work in the next year when we send 8-10 battalions (8,000-10,000 personnel) to these areas. We will work with CRPF and BSF,” he added. The DG said that the proposal had been approved by the Indian Home Ministry and the force was likely to be deployed in Kashmir by February. The SSB guards 1,751 km Indo-Nepal and 699 km Indo-Bhutan borders.
For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549