CHICAGO, Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire-AsiaNet/ –
ICAP Patent Brokerage [ http://www.icappatentbrokerage.com ], a division of ICAP plc, the world’s largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm, is offering for sale a patent portfolio that discloses a multi-modal user interface that simplifies voice spoken instructions for mobile phones and related applications. The patent portfolio is available from VIDA Software S.L.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100614/CG20517LOGO )
Key Characteristics & Benefits
The patent portfolio includes technologies that simplify the user interfaces of mobile devices and personal digital assistants as well as related applications for improved usability.
– The key component of this invention is its coverage of voice
spoken instructions for mobile devices and an ability to adjust to the
expertise of the user.
– The user interface can be easily distributed and multiple
interaction queues can be arranged in distributed fashion by using a
– An interaction engine monitors mobile phone use as well as
currently running applications.
– A user expertise calculation module receives relevant
information regarding interactions.
– The module then uses that information to determine the user’s
current expertise level.
– Less experienced users receive a prompt designed to help
familiarize themselves with the device while more experienced users
receive other, more advanced suggestions.
– The interaction engine uses this determined level of user
expertise to offer a selected set of prompts – enabling improved
– In addition, two or more interaction event queues are maintained
rather than having the single queue common to other user-interface
– Messages can be transmitted between the user-interface
components or user-interface interaction event queues. This allows for a
single interaction event to be distributed to multiple user-interfaces
– The technology allows a single icon to be used to convey
information regarding two or more factors relating to the operation or
condition of the device. This further improves usability by reducing the
number of displays presented to the user.
“As computing moves from wired PCs to wireless mobile devices, user interfaces must continue to be developed and improved upon to meet the growing needs of the end user,” said Dean Becker, CEO ICAP Patent Brokerage. “This portfolio represents the next step in the evolution of the user interface for mobile computing and should be of interest to mobile device manufacturers, mobile operating system developers, wireless carriers, or any other entity operating in this fast growing field.”
This patent portfolio should be of interest to entities manufacturing mobile devices and providing mobile services.
– Voice input for such features as location-based services and
contact outreach projects to be a very important space in the coming
– Primary group of interest is expected to be mobile service
providers of which the global market, including broadband and messaging,
is estimated to reach $870 billion by 2014.(1)
– Globally, the mobile software market is expected to reach $79.7
billion by 2017.(2)(3)
To learn more about the assets available for license in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Patent Brokerage at +1-561-309-0011 or Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage [ http://www.icappatentbrokerage.com ] is a division of ICAP plc and the world’s largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world’s premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to http://www.icap.com.
(3) http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/4/prweb8310947.htm ;
SOURCE: ICAP Patent Brokerage
CONTACT: Media, Luisa Sepulveda of ICAP Patent Brokerage,