Home / Press Information Department / Housing Minister Takes Serious View of Plot Cancellation Notice

Housing Minister Takes Serious View of Plot Cancellation Notice

Islamabad, February 03, 2014 (PPI-OT): Minister of State for Housing and Works, Barrister Usman Ibrahim has taken serious view of the notice served by Federal Government Employees Housing Foundation (FGEHF) on sixty allottees who could not clear outstanding dues in respect of their plots within stipulated time. The notice mentioned that if outstanding dues were not cleared within 15 days of the date of publication of the notice, allotments would be cancelled.

The Minister has ordered an urgent inquiry into the matter to ascertain whether genuine efforts were made to contact the sixty allottees for recovery of dues before publication of the notice. Hassan Haqqani, Managing Director National Construction Limited (NCL) has been appointed as the inquiry officer.

While chairing a meeting here, the Minister expressed deep concern over the practice in the FGE Housing Foundation to cancel plots on the pretext of non-receipt of dues.

The Minister said that after initial verification, it has been found out that 75% to 90% of the total dues of the plots had already been deposited by the concerned allottees. The Minister further stated, “it is very unfair to cancel plots of those allottees who have already paid most of the dues”.

The Minister said he was deeply perturbed to see such a notice being published in the press as it was ill motivated and reflected intentions for allotment of plots to non-entitled persons after cancellation of original allotment.

For more information, contact:
Haji Ahmed Malik
Principal Information Officer
Press Information Department (PID)
Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324
Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326
Email: piopid@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Scroll To Top