Islamabad, October 16, 2012 (PPI-OT): The Ministry of Housing has made an announcement to conduct a grand operation against illegal occupants very soon. Under the directions of Minister of State for Housing Malik Nouman Ahmad Langrial, the Estate Office will start a major operation against unlawful occupants.
While talking to the media person here today, the Minister of State stated “Our team will vigorously perform this task and no more time will be granted to those illegal occupants”. Moreover, he has also directed his team to follow the General Waiting List for further allotments under Hardship Committee and ordered not to entertain any such matter which is against the law.
The Minister is very concerned and has asked for the briefing about those who have received notices to vacate the illegally occupied government accommodations and still are not ready to give those places to deserving employees. He said that the ministry had been dealing this matter with relaxation but now the time has come to take firm action.
The Minister has also talked about the normalcy of other disputed matters like the continuation of development work in G-14 and Kurri Road. He said that establishment of Hardship Committee is also an important step which will perform its functions in the light of Supreme Court orders.
The Minister further stated that we are here to facilitate masses and appease their grievances. He expressed his strong commitment to provide accommodation facility to every deserving government employees in Islamabad. He directed his team to appoint special task force who will keep an eye and monitor every step of the allotment matters.
For more information, contact:
Haji Ahmed Malik
Principal Information Officer
Press Information Department (PID)
Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324
Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326