Karachi, April 29, 2015 (PPI-OT): The Sindh Minister for Information and local government Sharjeel Inam Memon has said that government was taking all out measures to overcome the water crisis in Karachi and every measure was being adopted to provide relief to the citizens. The government was fully alive to overcome the shortage of water in Karachi and concrete measures are being taken on war footing basis.
He said this while replying over a press conference done by MQM leader Dr Farooq Sattar in which he accused MD KWSB working on a political agenda. He said MQM instead of accusing the government should adopt a constructive and positive politics. He said that in the past there had been unequal distribution of water due to wrong policies at KWSB and for which people are today paying the price in terms of water crisis in the Karachi.
He said plan of 65 mgd water supply has been started with the present plan of K-IV project and Dhabeeji Pumping station. He said Dr Farooq Sattar himself has accepted that supply to the city was 50 percent against the demand so there was no justification of accusing the government.
He said a committee had been formed under the command of commissioner Karachi Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqi which was working round the clock to overcome the water crisis in the city. He said before this an independent committee comprising of traders, civil society members, political leaders was formed but the MQM did not play any role in this committee.
For more information, contact:
The Information Department
Block-95 Sindh Secretariat 4-B,
Opposite Sindh Assembly Building Karachi
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone: +92-021-99204401, +92-021-99204423
Fax: +92-021-99202609, +92-021-99204417