Karachi: W enclose herewith the notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting of Ghani Glass Limited (GHGL) be held on December 14, 2011 for your information and record. The said notice will be published in newspapers of tomorrow the November 23, 2011.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that Extraordinary General Meeting of the shareholders of Ghani Glass Limited will be held on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at Hospitality inn (formerly Holiday inn) Lahore at 11:00 a.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of 19th Annual General Meeting held on October27, 2011.
2. To elect eleven (11) Directors for the next term of three years, in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies ordinance 1984, in place of following retiring Directors.
01. Mr. Aitzaz Ahmad Khan
02. Mr. Imtiaz Ahmad Khan.
03. Mr. Anwaar Ahmad Khan
04. Mr. Aftab Ahmad Khan
05. Mrs. Ayesha Aftab
06. Hafiz Farooq Ahmad
07. Hafiz Avais Ghani
08. Mr. Junaid Ghani
09. Mr. Jubair Ghani
10. Mr. Salman Malik
The Board of Directors has fixed the number, of elected Directors as: eleven (11). All retiring Directors shell be eligible to offer themselves for re-election.
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The shares transfer books of the company will remain closed from December 7, 2011 to December 14, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. Any member who seeks to contest the election to the office of Director, whether he/she is retiring director or otherwise, shall file with the company, not later than fourteen (14) days before the Extraordinary General Meeting, a notice of his/her intention to offer him/herself for election as director along with the relevant declarations as required under the Code of Corporate Governance.
3. Any member entitled to attend and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. A corporate entity being a member may appoint as its proxy any of its official or any other person whether a member of the Company or not.
4. Members whose shares are deposited with Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited are requested to bring their original Computerized National Identity Card (C.N.I.C.) along with the participant’s I.D. Number and their account number in Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited to facilitate identification at the time of Extraordinary General Meeting. In case of proxy, an attested copy of proxy’s Identity Card (C.N.I.C.), Account and Participant’s ID number be enclosed. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting (unless it has been provided earlier).
Proxies, in order to be valid, must be deposited at the registered office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of meeting.
For more information, contact:
Ghani Glass Limited
50-L Model Town Lahore,