Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of the Annual General Meeting to be held on October 29, 2011 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 39th Annual (General Meeting of the Members of the Company will be held at the Registered Office at H-23/4A, Scheme 3, Landhi Industrial Area, Karachi on Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 03.00 p.m. to transact the following businesses:
1. To receive, consider and adopt the Annual Audited Accounts for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
2. To consider and approve the final cash dividend of Rs. 2.0 per share recommended by the Board of Directors for payment to all shareho1ders except directors, their relatives and associates.
3. To appoint Messrs. Rahman Sarfaraz Rahim Iqbal Rafiq, Chartered Accountants, as auditors for the year ending June 30, 2012 and to fix their remuneration.
4. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from Saturday, October 22, 2011 to Saturday, October 29, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfers received at the office of Share Registrar at the close of business on Friday, October 21, 2011 will be considered in time to attend and vote at the meeting and for the purpose of above entitlement to the transferee.
2. A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint a proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of him/her a proxy must be a member of the Company. An instrument appointing a proxy and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which, it is signed, or a notarially certified copy of such power of authority, must, to be valid, be received at the Registered Office of the Company or at the Office of the Share Registrar not later than forty eight hours before the time appointed for the Meeting. A member shall not be entitled to appoint more than one proxy. If a Member appoints more than one proxy and more than one instrument of proxy are deposited by a member with the Company, all such instruments shall be rendered invalid. The proxy shall produce his/her original National Identity Card or Passport to prove his/her identity.
3. Members are requested to notify any change in their address immediately.
4. Members should quote their Folio Number in all correspondence and at the time of attending the Meeting.
5. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards to the Company are requested to send the same at the earliest to enable the Company to comply with relevant laws.
6. Guidelines for CDC Account Holders Issued By Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan
For Personal Attendance:
(i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her original National Identity Card at the time of attending the meeting.
(ii) In case of corporate entity, the Bond of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
For appointing proxy
(i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
(ii) The proxy must be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
(iii) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and of the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
(iv) The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
(v) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Feroze 1888 Mills Limited
Karachi – 7500,