Home / Misc. / Discovery of more unnamed graves in IHK sends shock waves

Discovery of more unnamed graves in IHK sends shock waves

Srinagar, January 13, 2013 (PPI-OT): In occupied Kashmir, the pro-freedom leaders and organisations have expressed serious concern over the disclosure of more unmarked graves in different areas of Srinagar and Badgam districts. The All Parties Hurriyet Conference leader, Mukhtar Ahmad Waza, in a statement in Srinagar demanded of the international community to probe the matter as thousands of Kashmiri families were still waiting for their dear ones who had been subjected to custodial disappearance by Indian troops and police personnel.

The spokesman of the forum patronised by the veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, in a statement in Srinagar said that the international rights organisations should take serious notice of the new unmarked graves in the territory.

The Jammu and Kashmir Salvation Movement spokesman in a statement urged the world community to investigate the matter. “Discovery of more unmarked graves has put people of the Kashmir Valley especially those whose near and dear ones have been forcibly disappeared by the Indian agencies in a deeper dilemma,” he said.

The Jamaat-e-Islami of occupied Kashmir in statement in Srinagar demanded an impartial probe into the grave human issue by a high-level judicial commission headed by a judge from the International Court of Justice (ICJ) as the local judiciary had totally failed to deliver justice to the oppressed people.

It is to mention here that the Jammu and Kashmir Voice of Victims, a non-political organization, in its recent report said that there were 60 new unmarked graves in the areas of Nowgam, Wanabal, Shankerpora, Kenihama Chokpora, Kanipora Chokpora, Wagoora, Pahroo, Humhama, Barzulla and Chanapora.

For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Email: info@kmsnews.org
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549
Fax: 92-51-4861736

Leave a Reply

Scroll To Top