Karachi, September 10, 2020 (PPI-OT): COVID-19 has claimed three more lives in Sindh, lifting the province-wise death toll to 2,438 since the outbreak of the disease in February. This was informed by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah in a statement issued here on Thursday. The chief minister said that the virus death ratio in Sindh had reached 1.9 percent. He added that 101 more patients had recovered, raising the tally of the patients recovered so far to 126,704 that constituted 96 percent recovery rate.
The CM said that 289 patients were detected when 13049 tests were conducted that constituted two percent current detection rate. So far 1095,416 samples have been tested against which 131,404 patients were diagnosed all over Sindh that came to 12 percent overall detection rate. According to Shah, currently 2261 patients are under treatment, of them 1,956 are in home isolation, six at isolation centers and 299 at different hospitals. The condition of 146 patients was stated to be critical, including 14 shifted to ventilators.
The chief minister said that out of 289 new cases, 198 had been detected from Karachi, including 115 from South, 36 East, 18 Central, 14 Malir, 10 Korangi and five West. Thatta has 16 cases, Hyderabad 15, Badin 14, Sanghar and Tando Mohammad Khan three each, Ghotki, Kambar, Larkana and Sukkur two each, Tando Allahyar, Jacobabad, Jamshoro, Naushehro Feroze, Shaheed Benazirabad and Shikarpur one each.
For more information, contact:
Chief Minister House, Sindh
Tel: +92-21-99202019(Ext: 336)