Home / Government Institutions / Construction companies found guilty of substandard work should be blacklisted: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister

Construction companies found guilty of substandard work should be blacklisted: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister

Peshawar, June 27, 2013 (PPI-OT): The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Communication and Works Yousaf Ayub Khan has directed the high officers of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Highway Authority to keep spreading highways network in the province but no compromise should be made on standard of the roads ensuring quality work.

The minister gave these directives to the officers concerned during the first ever briefing from the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Highways Authority. The provincial minister said those construction companies who were found guilty of substandard work and unnecessary delay should straight away be blacklisted so that the public exchequer could not be wasted more and the funds could be spent on collective better public welfare projects.

MD PHA Ijaz Yousafzai told the provincial minister that 630 kilometer standard roads had been constructed in the province while the gigantic Rs. 34 billion project of Southern Bypass Peshawar was in the final stages of completion. He disclosed that the project would be completed by 31 July this year. He said another gigantic five-storey parking plaza was being constructed at Nathiagali on which Rs. 210 million would be spent.

He said enough car parking facility would be available for visitors in the same plaza. He said at a time 600 vehicles could be parked while 200 vehicles could be parked during the night stay. He said with the functioning of the said plaza the provincial exchequer would get a considerable amount as income. On the directives of the minister it lift facility would also be constructed in the plaza so that the children and aged people could take benefit of the same.

For more information, contact:
Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Tel: 091 921 1789
Email: info@khyberpakhtunkhwa.gov.pk

Leave a Reply

Scroll To Top