Karachi: We are enclosing copy of the notice of Annual General Meeting of the Company for your information and records. Hope Year the attached document in order.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 22nd Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. at the Registered Office of the Company at Betani Arcade, Jamrud Road, Peshawar to transact the following business:
1. To receive and consider the Audited Accounts of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2011 and the Reports of the Directors and the Auditors thereon.
2. To approve the payment of final cash dividend @ 25% (Rs.2.50 per share) as recommended by the Board of Directors for the financial year ended June 30, 2011.
3. To elect nine (9) Directors of the Company as fixed by the Board of Directors u/s 1 78(1) of the Companies Ordinance 1984. The names of retiring Directors are:
(1) Mr. Mohammed Faruque
(2) Mr. Iqbal Faruque
(3) Mr. Mahmood Faruque
(4) Mr. Akbarali Pesnani
(5) Mr. Aslam Faruque
(6) Mr. Shehryar Faruque
(7) Mr. Amer Faruque
(8) Mr. Arif Faruque and
(9) Mr. Abrar Hasan
4. To appoint the Auditors for the year 2011/12 and to fix their remuneration.
5. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
Executive Director and Company Secretary
1. The register of members of the Company will be closed from Monday, October 17, 2011 to Monday, October 24, 2011 (inclusive both days) and no transfers will be registered during that time. Shares received in order at the office of the Registrar of the company M/s. Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited (CDC), CDC House, 99-B, Block ‘B’ S.M.C.H.S., Main Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi-74400 at the close of business on Saturday, October 15, 2011 will be treated in time for the entitlement of 25% final cash dividend.
2. A member of the Company eligible to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote in his/her stead. Proxies to be effective must be in writing and must be received by the Company 48 hours before the Meeting.
3. Any person, who intends to contest the election to the office of the Director or otherwise, file with the Company at its Head Office not later than fourteen (14) days before the date of Annual General Meeting, a notice of his/her intention to offer himself/herself for election as Director.
4. Shareholders of the Company whose shares are registered in their account/sub-account with Central Depository System (CDS) are requested to bring original National Identity Card along with their account number in CDS and participant’s ID number for verification. In case of appointment of proxy by such account holders and sub-account holders the guidelines as contained in SECP’s circular of January 26, 2000 are to be followed.
5. The shareholders of the Company are requested to immediately notify the Shares Registrar of the Company of any change in their addresses.
For more information, contact:
Cherat Packaging Limited
Modern Motors House
Tel: 92 21 111 000 009
Fax: 92 21 568 3425