Karachi, August 12, 2016 (PPI-OT):On the directives of Chief Minister Sindh and provincial minister for local government, a massive drive against encroachers on Gujjar Nullah, under the supervision of deputy commissioner central, is in full swing. On the 20th day of launch against encroachments so far more than 6 kilometre encroachments on Gujjar Nullah have been cleared while almost 7 kilometres remains that is expected to be cleared within four months.
Deputy Commissioner central Capt ( R) Fareed uddin Mustafa, while talking to media-men here in his office on Thursday, told in a briefing that actually the Gujjar Nullah was 210 ft wide but due encroachments it was reduced to 4 to 10 ft at certain places that posed a big danger to the human lives. He added, ‘Gujjar Nullah is being widened upto 40 ft with 10 ft roads on either sides and due to encroachments Gujjar Nullah had prayed more than 15 human lives and caused a big trouble during rainy season as well.
The DC central said that in collaboration with KMC, DMC, Police, K-Electric and other stakeholders we were doing well and on daily bases at least three assistant commissioners with their 200 team members along with heavy machinery had cleared cattle pans, houses and structure made of baked bricks had been demolished. ‘It is the biggest drive against encroachments in the history of Karachi with zero tolerance and will continue until the goal is achieved’, he concluded.
For more information, contact:
Information and Archives Department
Directorate of Press Information
Government of Sindh
95-Sindh Secretariat 4-B, Karachi
Tel: +92-21-99204423, +92-21-99204401