Karachi: Notice is hereby given that Extraordinary General Meeting of the shareholders of Asia Insurance Company Limited (ASIC) will be held on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at registered office of the company 456-K Model Town, Lahore at 11.00 a.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of last Annual General Meeting held on April 29, 2011.
2. To elect seven Directors for the next term of three years, in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, in place of following retiring Directors:
1. Mr. Ihtsham UI Haq Qureshi
2. Miss Shiza Ihtsham
3. Mrs. Nosheen Ihtsham Qureshi
4. Mr. Hassan Ahmad Khan
5. Mr. Aisam UI Haq Qureshi
6. Khawaja Suhail Iftikhar
7. Mr. Zain Ul Haq Qureshi
The Board of Directors has fixed the number of elected Directors as seven.
All Retiring Directors shall be eligible to offer themselves for re-election.
To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The share transfer books of the company will remain closed from January 03, 2012 to January 10, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. Any member who seeks to contest the election to the office of Director, whether he/the is retiring director or otherwise, shall file with the company, not later than fourteen (14) days before the Extraordinary General Meeting, a notice of his/her intention to offer him/herself for election as director along with the relevant declaration as required under the Code of Corporate Governance.
3. Any member entitled to attend and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. A corporate entity being a member may appoint as its proxy any of its official or any other person whether a member of the Company or not.
4. Members whose shares are deposited with Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited are requested to bring their original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) along with the participant’s I. D. Number and their account number in Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited to facilitate identification at the time of Extra Ordinary General Meeting. In case of proxy, an attested copy of proxy’s Identity Card (CNIC), Account and Participant’s ID number be enclosed. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution /power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting (unless it has been provided earlier).
Proxies, in order to be valid, must be deposited at the registered office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of meeting.
For more information, contact:
Asia Insurance Company Limited
456-K, Model Town,
Lahore. Ph: 042-35916801-3,