Karachi: This is to inform you that Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Company regarding the election of directors is scheduled to be held on Monday, November 14, 2011 at 1600 hours at MOOSA DE, DESSAI Auditorium, ICAP, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Clifton, Karachi.
The copy of notice of the Extra Ordinary General Meeting is enclosed herewith.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra Ordinary General Meeting of Artistic Denim Mills Limited will be held at MOOSA DE. DESSAI Auditorium, ICAP, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Clifton, Karachi, on Monday, November 14, 2011 at 1600 Ins to transact the following business after recitation from the Holy Quran.
1. To confirm the Minutes of last meeting.
2. To elect seven Directors of the Company as fixed by the Board of Director in accordance with Section 178 (1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a period of three years commencing from Wednesday, November 23, 2011. The current Board comprises of seven Directors.
The names of the retiring directors are given below:
1. Mr. Faisal Ahmed
2. Mrs. Maliha Faisal
3. Mr. Muhammad Yousuf Ahmed
4. Mr. Muhammad Au Ahmed
5. Mrs. Hajra Ahmed
6. Mr. Muhammad Iqbal-ur-Rahim
7. Ms. Sarah Ahmed
3. To consider any other business with the permission of the chair.
1. Closure of Share Transfer Books:
The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from November 08, 2011 to November 14, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in order at the Registered Office of the Company by the close of business by Monday, November 07, 2011 will be treated in time for the entitlement to attend the Meeting.
2. Participation in the Extraordinary General Meeting:
All Members of the Company are entitled to attend the Meeting and vote there at in person or through proxy. A Proxy, duly appointed, shall have such rights in respect to speaking and voting at the Meeting as are available to a Member. The proxies shall produce their original CNIC’s or original Passports at the time of the Meeting.
A Member of the Company may appoint another Member as his/her Proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her. A Corporation being a Member may appoint any person, whether or not a Member of the Company, as its Proxy. In the case of corporate entities, the Board of Directors’ resolution / Power of Attorney with specimen signature of the person nominated to represent and vote on behalf of the corporate entity, unless provided earlier, shall be submitted to the Company along-with the Proxy Form.
In order to be effective, Proxy Forms, duly filled and signed, must be received at the Company’s Registered Office not less than forty eight (48) hours before the Meeting.
4. Notice of intention to contest the Election of Directors
Any person who seeks to contest the election of Directors shall file with the Company at its registered office, not later than fourteen days before the above said meeting, his/her intention to offer himself/herself for the election of the Directors in terms of Section 178 (3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 together with (A) a Consent in Form 28, (B) a Declaration with consent to act as Director in the prescribed form under clause (ii) of the Code of Corporate Governance, (C ) a Declaration in terms of clause (iii) and (iv) of the Code of Corporate Governance.
5. Change of Address and CNIC Shareholders are requested to immediately notify the change of address, if any and shareholders who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) to the Company are requested to send the same at the earliest.
For more information, contact:
Artistic Denim Mills Limited
Plot No.5-9 and 23-26, Sector 16,
Korangi Industrial Area,
Tel: (92-21) 111-236-236
Fax: (92-21) 505-4652