Karachi: Please find enclosed herewith a copy of the Notice of the Extra-Ordinary General Meeting to be held on Thursday December 01, 2011 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extra-Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting of Al-Ghazi Tractors Limited will be held on Thursday, December 01, 2011 at 15:00 hrs. at Hotel Ramada Plaza, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To elect eight Directors of the Company in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance 1984, for a period of three years commencing on December 06, 2011.
The retiring Directors are Mr. Charles Leonard Hunt, Mr. Parvez Ali, Mr. Kunwar Idris, Mr. Mario Gasparri, Mr. M.A. Qaiyum, Mr. Nasir Mahmood, Mr. Hadjas Youssef and Mr. Pietro Cianoi Venturi.
2. To transact any other business with permission of the chair.
1. A member entitled to attend and vote may appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. No person shall act as a proxy (except for a corporation) unless he/she is entitled to be present and vote in his/her own right. Proxies, in order to be effective, must be received at the Registered Office of the Company duly stamped and signed not less than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
2. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from November 24, 2011, to December 01, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfers received at our Share Registrar Office M/s FAMCO Associates (Pvt.) Ltd. situated at Ground Floor, State Life Building, 1-A, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi 74000, at the close of business on November 23, 2011 will be treated as being in time for the purposes to attend the meeting.
3. Any person who seeks to contest the election of Directors shall file with the Company at its Registered Office 11th Floor NIC Building, Abbasi Shaheed Road, Karachi, not later than fourteen days before the above said meeting his/her intention to offer himself/herself for the election of Directors in terms of section 178 (3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, together with (A) Consent in Form 28 (B) a Declaration with consent to act as Director in the prescribed form under clause (ii) of the Corporate Governance (C) a Declaration in clauses (iii), (iv) and (v) of the Code of Corporate Governance.
4. CDC share holders or their proxies are requested to bring with them copies of their Computerized National Identity Card or Passport along with the participants ID number and their Account Number at the time of attending the Extra-Ordinary General Meeting in order to facilitate their identification.
5. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards are requested to send the same to the Share Registrar of the Company at the earliest.
For more information, contact:
Al-Ghazi Tractors Limited
11th Floor, NICL Building,
Abbasi Shaheed Road,
G.P.O. Box No. 1299,
Karachi – 74400,
Tel: 021 – 35660881-5
Fax: 021 – 35689387