Islamabad, July 31, 2017 (PPI-OT): The Election Commission of Pakistan has once again drawn attention of Political Parties to the provisions of Article 13 of the Political Parties Order, 2002 which provides that every political party shall submit to the Election Commission, within 60 days from the close of each financial year, a consolidated statement of bank accounts of the party on Form-I duly audited by a Chartered Accountant. The last date for filing statement of accounts by Political Parties is 29th August, 2017.
2. A certificate signed by the party leader must accompany the statement of accounts stating that –
(a) No funds from any source prohibited under the Political Parties Order, 2002, were received by the party; and
(b) The statement contains an accurate financial position of the party.
3. Prescribed printed Forms are available free of cost in the Election Commission Secretariat, Islamabad and in the offices of Provincial Election Commissioners, Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.
4. It may be added here that in terms of Article 14 of the Political Party Order, 2002, a party, which fails to submit its statement of accounts under Article 13, will not be eligible to obtain election symbol for contesting elections for Majils-e-Shoora (Parliament) and Provincial Assemblies.
5. The statements are required to be delivered to the Secretary, Election Commission of Pakistan in the Election Commission Secretariat, Constitution Avenue, G-5/2, Islamabad through an office-bearer of the party, duly authorized by the party leader. Under rule 11 of the Political Parties Rules, 2002, the statements received through post, fax, courier service or any other mode will not be entertained.
6. Prescribed Form-I can also be downloaded from the ECP’s Website i.e. www.ecp.gov.pk.
For more information, contact:
Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP)
Election Commission of Pakistan Secretariat,
Election House, Constitution Avenue G-5/2,
Tel: +92-51-9201975, +92-51-9206062
Fax: +92-51-9205402, +92-51-9205300